WHO ARE THE VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA?
Founded in 1978, Vietnam Veterans of America, Inc. is the only national Vietnam veterans organization congressionally chartered and exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-era veterans and their families. VVA is organized as a not-for-profit corporation and is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. VVA'S FOUNDING PRINCIPLE "Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."
VVA's goals are to promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam veterans.
OUR FIRST PRINCIPLE
VVA holds as its first principle that the organization is measured by deeds and openness as evidence of the core values of justice, integrity, and meaningful achievement.
- Over 50,000 individual members
- 46 state councils
- 630 local chapters
- Aggressively advocate on issues important to veterans
- Seek full access to quality health care for veterans
- Identify the full range of disabling injuries and illnesses incurred during military service
- Hold government agencies accountable for following laws mandating veterans health care
- Create a positive public perception of Vietnam veterans
- Seek the fullest possible accounting of America's POW/MIAs
- Support the next generation of America's war veterans
- Serve our communities
Vietnam Veterans of America relies totally on private contributions for its revenue. VVA does not receive any funding from federal, state, or local governments.
Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 875 sponsors 1 $1,000 scholarship award to a graduating senior that is going to continue their education. The application needs to be completed and in the chapters posseesion no later than March 31, 2017. Click here for the scholarship document. Please save to your computer. We look forward to recieving your application. You may mail your application to: Vietnam Veterans Chapter 875 POBOX 172328 Memphis Tn 38119.